Leftover Squash Muffins Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup pureed cooked winter squash
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1. In a large bowl, combine first six ingredients; mix well. In a separate bowl, combine milk, squash, butter and eggs; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups about two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 186 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 286mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Leftover Squash Muffins
"Great taste, couldn't be easier!"
"Great recipe! I used oil instead of the butter and they turned out great; nice and fluffy."