- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup pureed cooked winter squash
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- In a large bowl, combine first six ingredients; mix well. In a separate bowl, combine milk, squash, butter and eggs; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups about two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Leftover Squash Muffins in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p72
Reviews for Leftover Squash Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 5, 2011
"Great taste, couldn't be easier!"
Reviewed Jan. 28, 2011
"Great recipe! I used oil instead of the butter and they turned out great; nice and fluffy."