Leftover Rice Pudding
This is a delicious classic that's a nice way to use up leftover rice. We also like to dress it up with English toffee bits, chocolate and toasted coconut.
4 ServingsPrep/Total TIme: 25 min.
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the rice, milk, sugar and salt. Cook,
- uncovered, over medium heat for 20 minutes or until thickened,
- stirring often. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Spoon into
- serving dishes. Serve warm; top with whipped cream if desired.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Toffee Rice Pudding: Combine 3 tablespoons each English toffee bits, miniature semisweet chocolate and toasted flaked coconut. Place half of the rice pudding in 4 individual dessert dish and top with half the toffee mixture. Repeat layers.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 220 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 134 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.