Leftover Meat Loaf Parmesan
This is a wonderful recipe to use when you have leftover meatloaf. Instead of a meatloaf sandwich I make this delicious dish that reminds me of Chicken Parmesan.—Laddie Nichols, Lakeside, Arizona
2-4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup crushed saltines
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons water
- 4 leftover meat loaf slices (each about 3/8 inch thick)
- Shortening for pan-frying
- Ketchup, optional
- Combine the saltine crumbs and Parmesan cheese in a shallow dish; set
- aside. Beat egg with water. Dip meat loaf slices in egg mixture,
- then in crumb mixture. Heat shortening in a skillet. Brown meat loaf
- slices on both sides. Serve with ketchup if desired. Yield: 2-4
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.