Leftover Eggnog Cranberry Muffins
I devised this recipe after Christmas one year to make use of leftover eggnog and cranberries. My friends and family have just raved about these muffins.
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 cups prepared eggnog
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a
- small bowl, mix eggnog, eggs and butter. Stir into flour mixture
- just until blended. Fold in cranberry sauce and pecans. Fill greased
- or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 25
- minutes or until center of muffin springs back when lightly touched.
- Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 189 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 279 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.