Leeks in Mustard Sauce Recipe
- 10 medium leeks (white portion only)
- 2 green onions with tops, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- MUSTARD SAUCE:
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Dash white pepper
- 1. Cut leeks into 1-1/2-in. slices, then julienne. In a large skillet, saute leeks, onions and garlic in oil until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small heavy saucepan, whisk the egg yolks, water and lemon juice. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture begins to thicken, bubbles around the edges and reaches 160°, about 20 minutes. Add butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, whisking after each addition until melted. Remove from the heat; stir in mustard and pepper.
- 3. Transfer leek mixture to a serving bowl; top with mustard sauce. Yield: 6-8 servings (3/4 cup sauce).
1/2 cup equals 185 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 103 mg cholesterol, 160 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Leeks in Mustard Sauce
"This is a great recipe, easy and tasty. I served it with roast pork and I'm glad I made extra sauce because that was great on the pork roast too."