Leek Soup with Brie Toasts Recipe
- 6 medium leeks (white portion only), thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons plus 6 teaspoons butter, softened, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 7-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 12 slices French bread or bread of your choice (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute the leeks, mushrooms, tarragon and pepper in 2 tablespoons butter for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Place bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Spread one side of each slice with 1/2 teaspoon butter. Place Brie on buttered side of toasts.
- 3. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Ladle soup into six 8-oz. bowls; place two toasts in each bowl. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 411 calories, 27g fat (16g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 1110mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Leek Soup with Brie Toasts
"This soup taste great! It's smokey flavor is satisfying to me but my husband prefers it only as a side dish or appetizer. I dont always have brie cheese in my fridge because it is expensive so sometimes I will just by a box of cheesy texas toast in the freezer section. My teenager loves this soup too!"