Leek and Turkey Pizza Recipe
- 2 medium leeks (white portion only), sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1/2 cup Ragú® Homemade Style Pizza Sauce
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, cook the leeks in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Remove and set aside. Crumble sausage into the same skillet. Cook over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Place the crust on an ungreased baking sheet or 12-in. pizza pan. Spread with pizza sauce; top with leeks, sausage, onion and cheese. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until cheese just begins to brown. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 273 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 590 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.