- Pastry for two single-crust pies (9 inches)
- 2 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small leek (white portion only), sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup cream sherry
- 1/3 cup Miracle Whip
- 10 large eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350° On a lightly floured surface, roll each pastry dough into a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge. Divide mushrooms between pastry shells. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add leek and garlic; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until leeks are tender. Add sherry. Remove from heat. Stir in Miracle Whip. Divide leek mixture between pastry shells.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, cream, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; pour into shells. Bake on a lower oven rack 40-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with cheese. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 2 quiches (6 servings each).
Originally published as Leek and Baby Portobello Quiches in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p154
Reviews for Leek and Baby Portobello Quiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review