Leek 'n' Brie Omelet Recipe
This super-simple omelet has an upscale feel and the fantastic taste will surely impress breakfast guests. The mildly garlicky flavor of leeks and buttery creaminess of Brie combine to make this an adult version of a cheese-and-onion omelet.
- 1 small leek (white portion only), chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 ounce Brie cheese, diced
- In a small nonstick skillet, cook leek in oil over medium heat for 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, water, salt and pepper. Pour into skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges). As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- When the eggs are set, spoon leek mixture over one side and sprinkle with cheese; fold other side over filling. Slide omelet onto a plate. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Leek 'n' Brie Omelet in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007, p25
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Leek 'n' Brie Omelet(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Omelet Recipes >