Lean Turkey Sausage Patties Recipe
I developed this recipe as a way to deter my husband from eating pork sausage. The mixture also works well for making meatballs and burgers.—Yvonne Woodruff, Sacramento, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min. YIELD:30 servings
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 5 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into thirty 2-1/2-in. patties.
- 2. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook patties in batches over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear, using remaining oil as needed. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 patty equals 70 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 204 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 lean meat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC