- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 5 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into thirty 2-1/2-in. patties.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook patties in batches over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear, using remaining oil as needed. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Turkey Sausage Patties in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p146
Reviews for Lean Turkey Sausage Patties
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 5, 2012
"I was looking for a lower fat breakfast sausage and this fit the bill, Very good saugage flavore. I did substitue Ground Chicken for the turkey as it was what I could get on sale. But I will try it next time with turkey!"