Lean Green Smoothie
Kids love the unusual color of this frosty and flavorful smoothie. It’s fine-tuned to their liking with bananas, creamy yogurt and shh…spinach.—Madison Mayberry, Ames, Iowa
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 ripe medium banana
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a blender, combine all ingredients; cover and process for 30
- seconds or until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses; serve
- immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 99 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 24 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat-free milk, 1/2 fruit.