Lazy Pierogi Bake Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta
- 1 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 3 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- 2. In the drippings, saute onions until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add mushrooms; cook until tender. Stir in sauerkraut and half of the bacon. In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, celery seed and pepper. Drain pasta.
- 3. Place a fourth of the pasta in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Layer each with a fourth of the sauerkraut and soup mixture. Repeat layers.
- 4. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining bacon. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving. Yield: 16 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 196 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 454 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Lazy Pierogi Bake
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.