- For the tail, slice 1/2 in. from one end of the hot dog bun bottom.
- Cut remaining portion into four 2-1/4-in. strips for legs. Position
- the legs and tail with cut side up; spread with mayonnaise mixture.
- Cut one slice of American cheese into strips to fit over legs and
- tail. Place over the mayonnaise mixture, tucking under cheese of the
- Broil 6 in. from the heat until cheese is slightly melted and the
- lion holds its shape, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle shredded cheese on
- the end of the tail and around head. Broil 30 seconds longer or
- until cheese is melted.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Add potato sticks for whiskers. If
- desired, add lettuce under legs for grass. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 489 calories, 26 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 1,457 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.