Lazy Lasagna Recipe
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) small-curd cottage cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 3-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1/4 cup water
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside. In another bowl, combine the spaghetti sauce and beef; mix well.
- 2. Spoon a fourth of the meat sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with three noodles and half of the cheese mixture; repeat layers once. Top with a fourth of the meat sauce, remaining noodles and remaining meat sauce. Pour water around edges. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 3. Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer or until noodles are tender. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 307 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 653 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Reviews for Lazy Lasagna
"So easy and so yummy!"
"Definetely a keeper! I was skeptical about the noodles cooking well, but they did! Next time I'll put a little more sauce on top to keep the upper layer of noodles from drying out, and use more sauce overall. So much faster than traditional lasagna and just as good!"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.