Using uncooked noodles makes the traditional time-consuming task of preparing lasagna a little easier. A few seasonings boost the flavor of store-bought spaghetti sauce.—Kathy Demler, Emporia, Kansas
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) small-curd cottage cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 3-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1/4 cup water
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside. In another bowl, combine the spaghetti sauce and beef; mix well.
- Spoon a fourth of the meat sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with three noodles and half of the cheese mixture; repeat layers once. Top with a fourth of the meat sauce, remaining noodles and remaining meat sauce. Pour water around edges. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer or until noodles are tender. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Lazy Lasagna in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p231
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Lazy Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review