These doughnuts have a great flavor without having to fry them. They come together so quickly on those busy mornings.Eloise DeHoyos, Tracy, California
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons milk
- Butter, melted
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine
- flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt; gradually add to creamed
- mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 18
- minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out
- clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Dip doughnuts in melted butter, then roll in cinnamon-sugar. Serve
- warm. Yield: about 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 178 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 216 mg sodium,