Lazy Doughnuts Recipe
These doughnuts have a great flavor without having to fry them. They come together so quickly on those busy mornings.—Eloise DeHoyos, Tracy, California
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons milk
- Butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Dip doughnuts in melted butter, then roll in cinnamon-sugar. Serve warm. Yield: about 10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 178 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 216 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC