- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons milk
- Butter, melted
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Dip doughnuts in melted butter, then roll in cinnamon-sugar. Serve warm. Yield: about 10 servings.
Originally published as Lazy Doughnuts in Country April/May 2001, p37
Reviews for Lazy Doughnuts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 1, 2011
These are awful! I was expecting the flavor and texture of a cake doughnut with the ease of a muffin. Boy was I disappointed. Yes, they are easy, but a huge disappointment to break open a warm, dry nutmeg flavored muffin.
Reviewed Jan. 23, 2011
Easy to make.
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2008
These remind me of my mom's drop donuts that she would sometimes make on Saturdays. We always loved them and my kids love these.