Lazy Days Potato Salad
For a colorful and simply delicious side dish, try Margaret Wilson's Lazy Days Potato Salad. The Hemet, California cook cuts the prep time to almost nothing by using canned potatoes! Slice in some crunchy veggies and diced dill pickles, drizzle with a light creamy dressing seasoned with garlic and mustard—and supper is served!
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) sliced potatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill pickle
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl,
- combine the mayonnaise, mustard, garlic powder and pepper. Drizzle
- over potato mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until
- serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup (prepared with fat-free mayonnaise) equals 93 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 780 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.