For a colorful and simply delicious side dish, try Margaret Wilson's Lazy Days Potato Salad. The Hemet, California cook cuts the prep time to almost nothing by using canned potatoes! Slice in some crunchy veggies and diced dill pickles, drizzle with a light creamy dressing seasoned with garlic and mustard—and supper is served!
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) sliced potatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill pickle
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, garlic powder and pepper. Drizzle over potato mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Lazy Days Potato Salad in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006, p18