Lazy-Day Grasshopper Pie Recipe
Carol Severson dazzles dinner guests with this eye-pleasing pie. "It's simple to put together the night before," she notes. "When I take it to church potlucks, people really clean up the pan fast."
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1/4 cup milk
- 6 to 8 drops peppermint extract
- 6 to 8 drops green food coloring
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (9 inches)
- Shaved chocolate and additional whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a bowl, beat marshmallow creme, milk, extract and food coloring until smooth. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon in the crust. Cover and freeze overnight or until firm.
- 2. Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving. Garnish with shaved chocolate and whipped cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 242 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 132 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC