Lazy-Day Grasshopper Pie Recipe
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1/4 cup milk
- 6 to 8 drops peppermint extract
- 6 to 8 drops green food coloring
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (9 inches)
- Shaved chocolate and additional whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a bowl, beat marshmallow creme, milk, extract and food coloring until smooth. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon in the crust. Cover and freeze overnight or until firm.
- 2. Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving. Garnish with shaved chocolate and whipped cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 242 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 132mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Lazy-Day Grasshopper Pie
"I loved the simplicity of this pie. It comes together very quickly and has a great flavor; the peppermint really comes through, but is not overpowering."
"Everyone loved it! Best part was that it didn't have any liquor in it for the little kids."
"Fairly quick and easy. The mint flavor is mellow and softened by the chocolate flavor in the crust. My family, who often doesn't like mint, liked this pie. The filling is firm but it doesn't freeze hard like some ice creams. You can eat it straight out of the freezer. This was so cool and refreshing on a hot summer day. It's great to enjoy peppermint outside of St. Patrick's Day or Christmas."