Carol Severson dazzles dinner guests with this eye-pleasing pie. "It's simple to put together the night before," she notes. "When I take it to church potlucks, people really clean up the pan fast."
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1/4 cup milk
- 6 to 8 drops peppermint extract
- 6 to 8 drops green food coloring
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (9 inches)
- Shaved chocolate and additional whipped cream, optional
- In a bowl, beat marshmallow creme, milk, extract and food coloring until smooth. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon in the crust. Cover and freeze overnight or until firm.
- Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving. Garnish with shaved chocolate and whipped cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Lazy-Day Grasshopper Pie in Quick Cooking March/April 1998, p48
Reviews for Lazy-Day Grasshopper Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review