Lazy-Day Cranberry Relish
While June Formanek is busy with holiday bustle, this no-fuss, ruby-red condiment can be simmering in her Belle Plaine, Iowa kitchen. "It's especially delicious served with turkey," assures June.
10-12 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 6 hours + chilling
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- In a 1-1/2 qt. slow cooker, combine sugar, orange juice and peel;
- stir until sugar is dissolved. Add the cranberries.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Mash the mixture. Transfer to a
- small bowl; cool. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 154 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.