Lazy Day Casserole Recipe
When I first served this wonderful brunch casserole at a family reunion a few years ago, I think I wrote out at least a dozen copies of the recipe! My husband and I enjoy country living in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains.
- 8 ounces day-old Italian bread or French bread, sliced
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces sliced Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1. Line a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish with bread. Sprinkle with sausage. Beat the eggs, milk and pepper; pour over sausage. Press bread down with a spatula to absorb egg mixture. Top with cheese and parsley.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 415 calories, 27g fat (13g saturated fat), 272mg cholesterol, 542mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein
Reviews for Lazy Day Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC