Lazy Day Casserole Recipe
- 8 ounces day-old Italian bread or French bread, sliced
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll, cooked and crumbled
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces sliced Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1. Line a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish with bread. Sprinkle with sausage. Beat the eggs, milk and pepper; pour over sausage. Press bread down with a spatula to absorb egg mixture. Top with cheese and parsley.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 415 calories, 27g fat (13g saturated fat), 272mg cholesterol, 542mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.
Reviews for Lazy Day Casserole
"this is easy and very tasty!! nice for any meal!! :)"