Lazy Day Casserole Recipe
When I first served this wonderful brunch casserole at a family reunion a few years ago, I think I wrote out at least a dozen copies of the recipe! My husband and I enjoy country living in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains.
- 8 ounces day-old Italian bread or French bread, sliced
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 8 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces sliced Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Line a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish with bread. Sprinkle with sausage. Beat the eggs, milk and pepper; pour over sausage. Press bread down with a spatula to absorb egg mixture. Top with cheese and parsley.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Lazy Day Casserole in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p7
Reviews for Lazy Day Casserole(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review