- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, combine topping ingredients. Spread over warm cake. Broil 3-5 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Lazy Day Cake in Quick Cooking May/June 2000, p22
Reviews for Lazy Day Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 18, 2017
"Love to make this cake when you have company coming over at the least minute! Easyto make, enjoyable to the taste buds."
Reviewed Jan. 31, 2012
Reviewed Jan. 30, 2012
Reviewed Feb. 17, 2011
"Easy and delicious."
Reviewed Apr. 29, 2010
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2009
"This cake is WONDERFUL! Thanks for sharing a great recipe."