Lazy Daisy Cake Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla until thick and pale yellow, about 4 minutes. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture and beat just until combined. In a saucepan, bring milk and butter to a boil, stirring constantly. Add to batter and beat until combined.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 3. Combine frosting ingredients; spread over warm cake. Broil 4 in. from heat until lightly browned, about 3-4 minutes. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 piece: 343 calories, 15g fat (10g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 244mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Lazy Daisy Cake
"The cake was more dense than I like but had a really good taste. Next time I make it, I'll broil the icing a little bit longer."
"This is a great cake, simple to make and a great pot luck or picnic dessert. Have been making since the recipe was first printed in1995."
"My mother use to make this. I also made it for years. I love the icing and couldn't remember how to make the icing. I didn't know if my mother made it up or if I would really find it. And I did. thank you"
"This cake is SOOOO yummy... very moist and the icing is delicious..."
"please remove rating - wrong recipe"
"This is one of my favorite cakes. I don't think I have ever come across anyone that didn't love it."
"This yummy cake is a huge hit at my Church coffee hour. It has a very "old fashioned" taste to it, I think because of the hot milk. Do not be afraid to make this cake, it is super easy and the results are fool-proof, just don't over broil the topping."
"Scrumptious!!! It's good with chopped pecans added to the topping as well. I use 1 cup coconut and 1 cup chopped pecans. Yummy!!"
"This cake is delicious- the topping is so Yummy! My sister and I often would swipe some of the topping to eat, leaving a bare cake beneath!"
"As a child my Grandmother made a "lazy Daisy Cake" for me. Well she actually made two, one for me and one for everyone else. I lost the recipe and was so glad to find this. The only thing different is the topping. I believe she omited it as I don't remember it and actually didn't like it. I think it would be better with just a brown sugar & butter carmelization and forget the coconut. Cake tasted just like Grandmas! So Yum!"
"I poked holes in the cake prior to broiling to allow some of the gooey goodness to seep in even deeper. Excellent recipe and definitely a keeper!"
"This cake was great and very easy to make!!!"