Lazy Daisy Cake Recipe
We couldn't wait until Mom sliced this old-fashioned cake with its caramel-like frosting, loaded with chewy coconut. Even after one of Mom's delicious meals, one piece of this cake wasn't enough. -Darlis Wilfer, Phelps, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min. YIELD:16-20 servings
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla until thick and pale yellow, about 4 minutes. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture and beat just until combined. In a saucepan, bring milk and butter to a boil, stirring constantly. Add to batter and beat until combined.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 3. Combine frosting ingredients; spread over warm cake. Broil 4 in. from heat until lightly browned, about 3-4 minutes. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 343 calories, 15 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 244 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC