Layered Turtle Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Additional caramel ice cream topping, optional
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and pecans; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 12-15 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugars until smooth. Beat in 1/4 cup flour, cream and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Remove 1 cup batter to a small bowl; stir in melted chocolate. Spread over crust.
- In another bowl, mix caramel topping and remaining flour; stir in pecans. Drop by tablespoonfuls over chocolate batter. Top with remaining batter. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath; remove foil. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- For ganache, place chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chips; whisk until smooth. Cool slightly, stirring occasionally.
- Remove sides of springform pan. Spread ganache over cheesecake; sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate until set. If desired, drizzle with additional caramel topping before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Layered Turtle Cheesecake
Sort By :
Great cheesecake everyone loves it
This cheesecake is awesome as another reviewer said. You cannot go wrong with this delicious dessert and it is perfect for company. I promise everyone will love it. I highly recommend this delicious cheesecake as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home.
Awesome awesome awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Delicious! A little goes a long way. Everything a cheesecake should be.
This is one of the best cheesecakes I have ever had. Bet it would stand up to The Cheesecake Factory and Juniors too. Mine didn't even crack on top as most of mine do. You won't be sorry if you make this one!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheesecake Recipes >
- Cheesecakes >
- Chocolate Cheesecake Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Halloween Desserts >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Make Ahead Desserts >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >