Layered Turtle Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Additional caramel ice cream topping, optional
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and pecans; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 12-15 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugars until smooth. Beat in 1/4 cup flour, cream and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Remove 1 cup batter to a small bowl; stir in melted chocolate. Spread over crust.
- In another bowl, mix caramel topping and remaining flour; stir in pecans. Drop by tablespoonfuls over chocolate batter. Top with remaining batter. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath; remove foil. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- For ganache, place chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chips; whisk until smooth. Cool slightly, stirring occasionally.
- Remove sides of springform pan. Spread ganache over cheesecake; sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate until set. If desired, drizzle with additional caramel topping before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Layered Turtle Cheesecake(41)
Sort By :
Made this a few weeks ago and left out a step on accident. But it was a big hit. I had left out the caramel nut layer. But I'm making it right now step by step. This dessert is for my boyfriends family Christmas. First time meeting them and I just know that they will love this.
Was simple to make...great presentation and "roll your eyes" gooooood!
Turns out amazing every time! Love this recipe!
I follow the recipe exactly and it turns out perfect every time! It's amazingly good!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheesecake Recipes >
- Cheesecakes >
- Chocolate Cheesecake Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Halloween Desserts >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Make Ahead Desserts >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >