Layered Turtle Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Additional caramel ice cream topping, optional
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and pecans; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 12-15 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugars until smooth. Beat in 1/4 cup flour, cream and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Remove 1 cup batter to a small bowl; stir in melted chocolate. Spread over crust.
- In another bowl, mix caramel topping and remaining flour; stir in pecans. Drop by tablespoonfuls over chocolate batter. Top with remaining batter. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath; remove foil. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- For ganache, place chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chips; whisk until smooth. Cool slightly, stirring occasionally.
- Remove sides of springform pan. Spread ganache over cheesecake; sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate until set. If desired, drizzle with additional caramel topping before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Layered Turtle Cheesecake
Sort By :
"So, I've finally decided what it's going to be like in heaven!"
"Absolutely delicious cheesecake. When I first saw it in TOH magazine, I knew I wanted to make it. Its been 5 years since I've first seen it, but I finally made it the other day. It was also the first cheesecake I've ever made. I followed the directions and it turned out perfectly. It was a big hit! My co-workers thought it looked like a store bought cheesecake, it turned out so well. It is very rich, and a small slice goes a long way."
"This is a wonderful cheesecake! Everyone loved it! I followed some other reviewers advice and used a larger pan. Perfect! Will make it again!"
"A bit time consuming, but totally worth it. The best cheesecake I've ever made!"
"Added my own twist to this one. Everyone I serve it to loves it."