This creamy casserole is an excellent way to use up leftover turkey and rice. In fact, I won a newspaper recipe contest with it years ago. It's great for when you're expecting company, because it can be put together the night before. Then just top with the onions and bake.—Joyce Platfoot, Wapakoneta, Ohio
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 8 slices process American cheese
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer the rice, broccoli, turkey, mushrooms and cheese. Pour broth over top.
- In a small bowl, combine soup and mayonnaise; spread over top. Sprinkle with onions. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Layered Turkey Casserole in Country Woman July/August 1999, p35
Reviews for Layered Turkey Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review