Layered Tortilla Pie Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained, optional
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup water
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce, garlic, chili powder, salt, pepper and olives if desired. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Lightly butter tortillas on one side; place one tortilla, buttered side down, in a 2-qt. round casserole. Top with about 1/2 cup meat mixture and 1/3 cup cheese. Repeat layers, ending with cheese.
- Pour water around the sides of casserole (not over top). Cover and bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Layered Tortilla Pie(2)
Sort By :
Love this, super yummy and looks fancy but is easy to make!
Made it the first time but didn't have corn tortillas so i used flower... big mistake. they get all doughey and tastes like your eating pure bisuit dough... i made it again using the corn torillas and turned out so much better than before! will make it again!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >