Layered Tortellini Salad Recipe
My tempting tortellini salad combines layers upon layers of flavors and textures, and its colors are amazing. It's perfect for a salad luncheon. Other cheese options are Havarti, fontina or Monterey Jack. —Nita Rausch, Dallas, Texas
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 block (8 ounces) Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese, cubed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. For dressing, place the first eight ingredients in a blender. Cover and process until blended; process 1-2 minutes longer or until smooth.
- 2. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- 3. In a large glass bowl, layer the cabbage, spinach and tortellini. Top with mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, onion, bacon and feta cheese. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings (1-1/2 cups dressing).
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC