- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 block (8 ounces) part-skim mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- For dressing, place the first eight ingredients in a blender. Cover and process until blended; process 1-2 minutes longer or until smooth.
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a large glass bowl, layer the cabbage, spinach and tortellini. Top with mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, onion, bacon and feta cheese. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings (1-1/2 cups dressing).
Reviews for Layered Tortellini Salad
"The layered ingredients of this salad are excellent but I am not a fan of the dressing....It is a good tasting dressing but it lacks body. Next time I will use a buttermilk dressing made from a box mix. (Hidden Valley Ranch) The salad is beautiful to the eye...but the dressing is way to thin....Maybe double the mayo in it."
"This looked good to me & made for a party last night. Got rave reviews from everyone. A keeper for me"
"This salad received rave reviews from the people at the party I attended recently. I found the dressing to be an interesting combination of ingredients so I made it according to directions given. I thought it was good but I was not sure the guests would like it so I also had ranch dressing. I let them decide which dressing to use and the ranch dressing won out, but the salad was a big hit. Will make this again."
"Made this for a golf party potluck and it was a big hit! Dressing is delicious too!"
"This salad was easy to make and my family enjoyed the different flavors and bright colors. It also tasted great the next day."