Layered Toffee Cake Recipe
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup caramel or butterscotch ice cream topping
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 9 Heath candy bar (1.4 ounces each), chopped
- In a bowl, beat cream just until it begins to thicken. Gradually add the ice cream topping and vanilla, beating until soft peaks form. Cut cake horizontally into three layers. Place the bottom layer on a serving plate; spread with 1 cup cream mixture and sprinkle with 1/2 cup candy bar. Repeat. Place top layer on cake; frost top and sides with remaining cream mixture and sprinkle with the remaining candy bar. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Layered Toffee Cake(6)
Sort By :
I made this for a baby shower and it was a huge hit! Everyone from the youngest to the oldest asked for the recipe. It was so fun to watch the ladies take their first bite. They closed their eyes and sighed in delight. A definite keeper. Easy to prepare and beautiful presentation.
This recipe is excellent! One of my all time favorites. I'm not sure about the negative reviews for this, my question is did they read the list of ingredients before making it? It's absolutely wonderful, I would not change a thing. Thank you for sharing this.
This is fabulous! My grown daughter asks for this every year for her birthday cake. No problem whipping this one up! Yummy!
This cake cook some time to prepare if you factor in chopping the candy pieces (by hand) and layering it all. It was so sweet, nobody at the gathering could eat it. Much too sweet!
I made this once and I was very disappointed in it. OVERLY sweet and that's a lot coming from me since I have a huge sweet tooth!! One of the only TOH recipes that I really didn't care for.