Layered Taco Salad Recipe
I invented this taco salad to make my kids happy. Make it with ground beef, ground turkey or ground chicken and it's equally good. —Betty Nickels, Tampa, Florida
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 6 ounces baked tortilla chips (about 70 chips)
- 12 cups chopped iceberg lettuce
- 6 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 large sweet yellow or red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Sprinkle taco seasoning over beef; stir to combine. In a small bowl, mix salsa and lime juice.
- 2. Arrange tortilla chips on a serving platter; layer with lettuce, tomatoes, beans, cheese, yellow pepper, beef mixture, onion, salsa mixture and sour cream. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving: 442 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 925mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 7g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Layered Taco Salad
Reviewed Aug. 4, 2008
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC