Luscious layers of pasta and veggies make up this super summer salad that can be made ahead for warm-weather picnics and deck parties. It makes enough to feed a crowd.—Betty Fulks, Onia, Arkansas
- 2 cups uncooked gemelli or spiral pasta
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, divided
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 1 cup fresh snow peas, trimmed and halved
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, sugar and garlic powder; set aside. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; toss with onions and half of the bacon.
- In a large salad bowl, layer half of the romaine, pasta mixture, peas, cauliflower, broccoli, red pepper, mayonnaise mixture and cheese. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with remaining bacon. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Layered Summertime Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2007, p31
Reviews for Layered Summertime Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review