Layered Summertime Salad Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked gemelli or spiral pasta
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, divided
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 1 cup fresh snow peas, trimmed and halved
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, sugar and garlic powder; set aside. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; toss with onions and half of the bacon.
- 2. In a large salad bowl, layer half of the romaine, pasta mixture, peas, cauliflower, broccoli, red pepper, mayonnaise mixture and cheese. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with remaining bacon. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 16 servings.
3/4 cup: 186 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 115mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Layered Summertime Salad
"I made this for a family dinner and everyone liked it. Also, as someone else commented it holds up well and does not get soggy."
"Have made this several times in just the past few weeks. Rave reviews by everyone - even in-laws! =) Quick to make, simple steps (I don't layer it, I just toss it all), perfect blend of mild flavors. And the best part - this salad keeps! It stays nice for several days with no soggy lettuce! Wow - what a salad! =)"
"By the way, I used mini bow tie pasta and it was very good. It layered nicely!"
"I just made this and yes I did use regular frozen peas (thawed of course) Very yummy and delicious and I will be making it again tomorrow for a family reunion."
"OMG! Looks yummy! I have a ? tho; I can't afford snow peas- would regular peas (never canned) work?"