Layered Spinach Salad
When this dish goes on a buffet, it's a real eye-catcher with its colorful layers. People enjoy the unique addition of cheese tortellini. This salad always goes fast!
-Lori Cumberledge, Pasadena, Maryland
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 6 cups torn fresh spinach
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) ranch salad dressing
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, optional
- Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain and rinse in
- cold water.
- In a large glass bowl, layer the cabbage, spinach, tortellini,
- tomatoes and onions. Pour dressing over the top; sprinkle with bacon
- if desired. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 10
Nutritional Facts: One 1-cup serving (prepared with low-fat salad dressing and without bacon) equals 159 calories, 8 g fat (0 saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 350 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.