A simple homemade vinaigrette coats this colorful salad sprinkled with mandarin oranges and shavings of Parmesan cheese. If you like salads with a refreshing citrus flavor, you’ll love this festive toss.—Jim Gales, Glendale, Wisconsin
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons orange marmalade
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Arrange the spinach, oranges and onion on a serving plate. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, marmalade, salt and pepper. Pour over salad. Top with cheese. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Layered Spinach & Orange Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p87
Reviews for Layered Spinach & Orange Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review