Layered Southwestern Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) hearts of romaine salad mix
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 cups coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- Additional fresh cilantro leaves
- 1. For dressing, in a blender, combine the first six ingredients; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Transfer to a small bowl; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 2. In a 4-qt. glass salad bowl, layer the remaining ingredients in the order listed. Serve with dressing. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 511 calories, 32g fat (11g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1127mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 6g fiber), 22g protein
Reviews for Layered Southwestern Chicken Salad
"This is one of the most amazing recipes I've ever made. The dressing totally makes it. People rave about it everywhere I take it. I've already made it several times and will continue. Delicious."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.