- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) hearts of romaine salad mix
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 cups coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- Additional fresh cilantro leaves
- For dressing, in a blender, combine the first six ingredients; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Transfer to a small bowl; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a 4-qt. glass salad bowl, layer the remaining ingredients in the order listed. Serve with dressing. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Layered Southwestern Chicken Salad
"This is one of the most amazing recipes I've ever made. The dressing totally makes it. People rave about it everywhere I take it. I've already made it several times and will continue. Delicious."