- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons salsa, divided
- 1/2 cup cocktail sauce
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) small shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Sliced green onions
- Tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and 3 tablespoons salsa; spread into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Combine cocktail sauce and remaining salsa; spread over cream cheese.
- Arrange shrimp evenly over top. Sprinkle with olives. Combine cheeses; sprinkle over top. Add onions. Chill. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Layered Shrimp Dip
"I took this to a potluck last week, and everyone must have loved it because when I went to try it, it was GONE!!! LOL!!! Next time, which will be very soon, I get first dibs!!!!!!!!! I also used fresh shrimp."
"Very good dip. Ritz cracker work better then tortilla chips, they keep breaking."
"This was okay for us, but we have another similar recipe we like better."
"good, however, I used fresh shrimp rather than canned."
"This is great. Next time I'll add some heat to it"
"I used the frozen small shrimp and added more of all ingredients. I also put the sliced olives on the side in a seperate dish, as not everyone likes olives. It was yummy and everyone wanted the receipe."
"Better and MUCH, MUCH Cheaper than Shrimp Cocktail at my party."
"5 stars my way 4 stars your way I use more of everything and I never use can shrimp to high in sodium I use salad shrimp or small frozen cooked shrimp I just about double everything 8 oz. cream cheese"
"This was excellent! I made it for a Christmas party and eveyone loved it! I especially loved to spread it on Ritz crackers - the buttery flavor of the cracker complemented the flavor of the dip. It's a keeper!"
"This was so good, I could have eaten it with a spoon! I used light cream cheese, and next time will use 2% fat cheese to lighten it up even more. Also used medium fresh shrimp (cooked) and chopped. I will definitely make this one a permanent card in my recipe box!"