Layered Salad with Curry Dressing Recipe
“This is a lighter version of the classic seven-layer salad. Curry powder adds a unique twist, while almonds give it a nice crunchy element.” Kerri Pelz — Hendersonville, North Carolina
- 1 package (10 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped cauliflower
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 3/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1. In a 3-qt. glass bowl, layer the salad greens, celery, pepper, cauliflower, green onions and peas.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice and curry; carefully spread over salad. Sprinkle with cheese. Chill until serving. Just before serving, sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 16 servings.
3/4 cup: 67 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 161mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Layered Salad with Curry Dressing
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC