Layered Salad Reuben-Style Recipe
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cubed rye bread
- 1 package (16 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 2 cups chopped pastrami
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Thousand Island salad dressing
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, salt and pepper. Add bread cubes and toss to coat.
- Arrange in a single layer in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Cool.
- In a large salad bowl, layer half the salad greens, pastrami, tomato, sauerkraut, onions and dressing; repeat layers. Sprinkle with croutons and cheese. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Layered Salad Reuben-Style(2)
Sort By :
This was a really good salad recipe. I will make one change next time and only use half of the dressing. People can always add more at the table if they like, but soggy salad is not good.
I was looking for a "different" salad to make for my party and this was it!! Delicious and very easy to put together. I will definitely make this again. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Layered Salads >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Salad Recipes >
- Salads >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >