Layered Salad for a Crowd Recipe
"This salad is a favorite of my three sons,” writes Lisa Ashley of Leesburg, Georgia. “I took it to a luncheon honoring our school district’s food service manager. She was very complimentary and even asked for the recipe. I like to make the dressing the day before for the flavors to blend together,” she adds.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning blend
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, milk, dill and seasoning blend.
- 2. In a 4-qt. clear glass serving bowl, layer the romaine, carrots, onion and cucumber (do not toss). Pour dressing over the top; sprinkle with peas, cheese and bacon. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 20 servings.
1 serving (2/3 cup) equals 151 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 216 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC