Layered Salad for a Crowd Recipe
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning blend
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, milk, dill and seasoning blend.
- 2. In a 4-qt. clear glass serving bowl, layer the romaine, carrots, onion and cucumber (do not toss). Pour dressing over the top; sprinkle with peas, cheese and bacon. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 20 servings.
1 serving (2/3 cup) equals 151 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 216 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Layered Salad for a Crowd
"Everyone just loved this salad to where they ask me to make at family and work functions keeper"
"I made this layered salad for christmas and it was an awesome hit! My family loved it and received a lot of compliments."
"This was a delicious salad. I added corn and had a dish of cherry tomatoes on the side and sprinkled the top with tortilla chips.I used lowfat sour cream instead of the mayo and added a tsp. of minced garlic."
"I needed a big salad for a large group of ethnically diverse people. I was also concerned about fat content. I used reduced fat mayonnaise, 2% cheese and served the bacon on the side. This was a big hit and one of the first dishes to disappear. Salads are usually not this popular at a pot luck. This is definitely a crowd pleaser!"