- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning blend
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, milk, dill and seasoning blend.
- In a 4-qt. clear glass serving bowl, layer the romaine, carrots, onion and cucumber (do not toss). Pour dressing over the top; sprinkle with peas, cheese and bacon. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews for Layered Salad for a Crowd
Sort By :
"I made this layered salad for christmas and it was an awesome hit! My family loved it and received a lot of compliments."
"This was a delicious salad. I added corn and had a dish of cherry tomatoes on the side and sprinkled the top with tortilla chips.I used lowfat sour cream instead of the mayo and added a tsp. of minced garlic."
"I needed a big salad for a large group of ethnically diverse people. I was also concerned about fat content. I used reduced fat mayonnaise, 2% cheese and served the bacon on the side. This was a big hit and one of the first dishes to disappear. Salads are usually not this popular at a pot luck. This is definitely a crowd pleaser!"