I've prepared this fast-to-fix salad for my bridge club several times, and I always get requests for the recipe," reports Susan Graham of Cherokee, Iowa. "If I don't have leftover roast beef on hand, I use sliced roast beef from the deli with equally tasty results."
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 pound sliced deli roast beef, cut into 3/4-inch strips
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- In a large salad bowl, layer a third of the greens, beef, carrots, onion and eggs. Repeat layers twice. Combine remaining ingredients; spread over salad. Toss just before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Layered Roast Beef Salad in Quick Cooking May/June 1999, p52
Reviews for Layered Roast Beef Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review