Layered Rhubarb Crisp Recipe
- 2 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the rhubarb and sugar. In another bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon and nutmeg; cut in butter until crumbly.
- 2. In two 10-oz. baking dishes or ramekins coated with cooking spray, layer half of the rhubarb mixture and half of the crumb mixture. Repeat layers. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 489 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 94g carbohydrate (71g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Layered Rhubarb Crisp
"So easy - so delicious - pop in the oven, enjoy the meal, end with a wonderful warm crisp!"
"Rhubarb crisp is a recipe my family simply loves and it's one we make when we have all the ingredients. It's so easy and tastes so good, we eat it as soon as supper is done."
"I have made this several times and it is always very good."