Layered Rhubarb Crisp Recipe
Rhubarb and layers of spiced, crumb topping make this delightful dessert perfect for spring. “Serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream,” advises Rosie Spieth of Albion, Indiana.
- 2 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the rhubarb and sugar. In another bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon and nutmeg; cut in butter until crumbly.
- 2. In two 10-oz. baking dishes or ramekins coated with cooking spray, layer half of the rhubarb mixture and half of the crumb mixture. Repeat layers. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 489 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 136 mg sodium, 94 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC